Our Catholic Faith is such a gift! The Confirmation team welcomes you to this commitment to conversion.
Sacrament Preparation for Confirmation: It is the policy of the Archdiocese that all children receiving the sacrament of Confirmation attend two full years of religious education classes (9th and 10th grades) in CCD or Catholic School before the immediate preparation for the sacrament. Immediate preparation takes place in the fall of the students’ 11th grade year and is handled in the church parish by the Religious Education department, not the Catholic school. Registration for Confirmation occurs in the spring of the 10th grade year if the 2 years of religious education are being completed.
Thank you for your commitment to this program!
- If you are an Adult who has not been Confirmed, please refer to the RCIA section, found on our Faith Formation & Education Ministries page. We work throughout the year with the RCIA, which helps adults seeking Confirmation to receive this Sacrament. Adult Confirmation is held every year on the Solemnity of Pentecost, at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis in New Orleans, with the Archbishop presiding.
- If you are a Teenager who has missed any preparation for Confirmation, please contact us so that we can help you receive this great grace given to us by the Lord.
Upcoming Confirmation Programs
Attention 11th Graders for the 2017 school year! Immediate Preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation takes place in the home parish of the student. All 11th grade students (and 12th grade students who have not yet been Confirmed) in Catholic School, Public school or Private school who are OLL Parishioners who wish to prepare for Confirmation this fall should register for our Immediate Preparation Program. We are taking registrations during our summer office hours, 9 AM-1 PM Monday-Friday until August 1st. You will need these items to register:
- A copy of the student’s baptismal certificate, even if baptized at OLL.
- Fee Payment: (No child will be denied sacrament preparation due to finances.) Fees are $135 for RAS (registered, active and supporting parishioners), or $235 for non–RAS (The $100 RAS fee is assessed once per family.)
The Immediate Preparation Program for Confirmation at OLL includes mandatory completion of:
- Orientation and 4 weekly classes on Thursdays at 7 PM starting in August
- An overnight retreat September 30-October 1 at Camp Living Waters
- A Service Project
- A Saint Project
Please contact Austin Ashcraft at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.